Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Babycakes Cupcake Maker

This cupcake maker reminds me of Easy-Bake Oven, but for adults!

From Easy-Bake Ovens to BabyCake Cupcake Makers 
(or Cake Pop, Donut, & Whoopie Pie Makers!)
Who else had an Easy-Bake Oven growing up?! Not only did I have one, I was pretty much obsessed with mine. My friends and I used to have Easy-Bake Oven bake-offs, where we would each bake something different in our individual ovens, then have our finished products taste-tasted and judged by someone who hadn't been baking. No matter the result, Easy-Bake Oven bake-offs were SO. MUCH. FUN.

Now that I'm in college (and not below the age of 10) I no longer use my Easy-Bake Oven :( Although, I did buy this awesome book, The Easy-Bake Oven Gourmet, a couple of years ago. It's a book full of recipes that you can bake in your Easy-Bake Oven, and when I saw it in Sur La Table I had to have it. I have yet to try any recipes, but I still have my oven, along with the Real-Meal Oven, Lemonade Maker, Blender and more (I wasn't kidding when I said I was obsessed), in my basement :)

I never thought I'd find myself baking in a portable oven again, until I got my BabyCakes Cupcake Maker for Christmas this year! It's honestly an Easy-Bake Oven, but for adults/people who are no longer young enough to use an Easy-Bake. I immediately fell in love with my BabyCakes maker as soon as I opened the box, and I suggest that anyone who misses their Easy-Bake go out and buy one asap. The little cupcakes it makes are adorable! And it comes with a recipe book that tells you how to make mini pies, tarts and more in it too! 

The first time I used it, I used mini muffin liners and boxed cake mix. The recipe book inside the box tells you how to prepare half a box of cake mix since with the cupcakes being so little, you can make a lot with only half a box. They were delicious! and they only take about 6-8 minutes for 8 of them to bake :) It's perfect for someone like me, who doesn't always have access to an oven since I'm away at college.

So, if you're like me, and loved (and still loves) your Easy-Bake Oven, get your hands on a Babycakes Cupcake Maker as soon as possible :) you won't regret it.

Babycakes also makes a Cake Pop, Donut, and Whoopie Pie Maker! Next time I see any of those while I'm shopping, I don't know if I'll be able to resist buying them! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I am curious to hear how the whoopie pies turn out! i would be willing to be a test subject. Also, how often do you use it at school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison- I actually don't have the whoopie pie maker (yet!) haha but when/if I get it you can be the first to try them :) and to be honest I haven't used the cupcake maker at school yet (weird I know), but soon enough!

    ReplyDelete